Thursday 11 October 2012

Ready for winter!

Winter is around the corner and the past week has been a lot about finding warm, comfortable clothes that keeps my girls dry without ruin their mother. That's quite the challenge, oh my god what they charge for kids clothes! And since we all wants what's best for our children a lot of parents pay a fortune for clothes that the children wear only one season. It's shameful. That's why I'm more and more in to buying good quality clothes second hand. I admit a buy a lot of new stuff too, especially for Lovisa since I figure Andréa is going to use those clothes as well.

I found a really nice winter suite for Lovisa here. It was entertaining to buy it because you bid on the second hand item you want. If you happen to be the highest bidder when the time for the auction ends, you're obliged to bye it. It's quite addictive actually...

A proud Lovisa just opened the box containing my winning bid, 
a second hand winter suite in perfect condition, for about 1/3 of the new price!

I also bought fleece-lined rainwear that's apparently perfect for the mild and often wet Swedish winter. Keeps your children warm and dry without making them walk around like stuffed sausages (which is the case when you put their regular rain clothes on, on a cold day since you have to put loads of warm clothes under to keep them warm). I wish someone could write a book, or make a webpage, with basic tips on the best clothes for different seasons so you know what you need to get for your children. I didn't even know lined rainwear existed until the other day when another mother told me that the best thing for Swedish winter is those clothes. And apparently the daycare prefers that too since the children are warm, dry and comfortable in them.


The warm raincoat with fleece on the inside...

Now I just have that tiny problem that Andréa keeps taking her hat and gloves off at daycare. And her little hands just freezes in no time... Glue them on perhaps?!?

3 comments:

  1. Härligt med secondhand-shopping! Kan bara hålla med - nytt är ju galet dyrt! Jag köpte overall till Emmett på PoP-outlet i Vingåker. Nästan halva priset skulle jag tro. Och så ärver vi en massa fint från Emmetts svenska kusiner, perfekt! Vi behöver fortfarande vinterskor - funderar på att vänta att köpa tills vi är i Sverige. Litar ändå mer på grejerna där ;)
    Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother bought new winterclothes for my nephews for years. Quit a budget. Then she wanted to do the same thing for my children (bless her). Winter suites are not that very neccessary where we live but I do have one piece for each child in case of. I buy them really cheap at "Decatlhon", a sportswear shop that sells afordable quality clothes. I paid 25 euros for the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lena: ärvda kläder är bäst, då vet man ju varifrån de kommer... Outlets av olika slag går tyvärr bort eftersom vi inte har bil...

    Anna: Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete