Thursday 4 October 2012

Life is fragile.

It doesn't happen very often but today it did. Things that make you realize that life is precious and fragile. 

Me and the girls were walking home from daycare, I was a bit upset with Lovisa because she did everything else but listen to me (for example I suggested we should be going home, she threw herself on the ground screaming). Anyway, I managed to settle the girls in the stroller and was walking on the small street were the daycare is, when another dad and his two girls passed us slowly in their car. Then a big crash and a big cry. The world stopped for a minute and before I realized what happened it was like the air stood still. The car had hit a little boy that cycled out between two cars that were parked on the street, giving the dad no chance to react in time. 

The car, that had a very low speed, bumped in to his bike and he fell off the bike, hurting his knee. He got very scared and cried but except from his knee, that was bleeding a bit, we couldn't detect any other injuries. He was wearing a helmet, thank god, and I don't think he hit his head when he fell. His older brother were with him and the poor dad tried to find out where they lived. I asked if he wanted help to call an ambulance but the dad decided to take the boy home to his parents (it turned out that he lived very close), so after making sure they didn't need my help I left with the girls. 

Lovisa talked a lot about the little boy, hurting his knee, all evening. At one point she looked at me and said "you could die if you get hit by a car" and I just nodded. I don't think Lovisa really realized the meaning of what she said but she said what I was thinking the whole time but didn't want to say out loud. 

Take care of each other out there!




2 comments:

  1. Fy vad otäckt! Fick tårar i ögonen. Har varit irriterad på Emmett hela kvällen - han var trött och grinig (all mat hamnade på golvet etc). Men efter att ha läst detta vill jag bara ge honom en stor kram. Livet är verkligen skört! Kram och glad att pojken och ni är OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja ibland får man sig en tankeställare. Kram!

    ReplyDelete