Sunday 14 October 2012

50:24!

I admit I'm a little bit disappointed I didn't reach the "magical limit" sub 50 minutes. But I'm very happy I beat my personal best with over 4 minutes! A good achievement. A rainy and cold morning didn't get me in the best mood though, I was cold and did my best to warm up. H was there, helping me to hold jackets, fix my headset to my phone and cheering me on - that really helped!

Warming up, minutes before the start...

The start was crowded but felt good and during the first kilometer I found help from two other runners that had a good pace. I followed them for about 7 km when they stopped to drink some water and I thought, why not, I felt my mouth was dry and I knew I still had a chance to run under 50 minutes. But after that they slowed down a bit and I had to run ahead and I didn't really find my old pace and had to struggle the last kilometers to increase my pace and in the end it wasn't enough... I can't help thinking "what if I didn't stop for that water...". But I'm bloody proud anyway and I ran in as number 291 out of 4872 runners! It's a great feeling...

Wohooooo! I did it!

I got rewarded at home, two tiny toddlers joined me in the bath, climbed on my stomach when I tried to stretch and then finally, a very nice supper with a couple of glasses of red wine. 

Because I'm worth it!

Now I'm so tired I could sleep standing up, but we also have a mountain of laundry that needs attention, the life as a "toddlerparent" is hard but wonderful... As my dad's wife said when they were leaving after almost 24 hours together with out beautiful girls: "now I need to go home and sleep". Yes - me too.

PS If you want a good laugh you can click here, search on my name (my last name "Loiske" is enough) and then click on my name and watch me run in to goal on heavy feet... DS






5 comments:

  1. Fan vad du är bra!!! Stor kram! Lena B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jättestort grattis! Och bra tid! Bara att börja träna för maran nu då :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GRATTIS! Jag är gruvligt imponerad. På riktigt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katarina: tack! Nästan dags för maran, ska klämma en halvmara till våren tänkte jag :)!

    Kajsa: tack och bock!

    ReplyDelete