Friday 31 August 2012

My last day off maternityleave... Ever...

The day finally came. With a bittersweet feeling I've soon done my last day as a stay-at-home-mum. And since H and me don't plan to have more children it feels a bit sad that it's probably the last day ever... Anyway I didn't weep any tears for that, I embraced this rainy day and did a lot of fun and important stuff.

I've collected my bib for tomorrows race (for you who missed it I'm running a 10K race tomorrow, the biggest race for women in Sweden). I'm number 7686 of 32 073 competing women. I'm not only doing this for myself. During tomorrows race a lot off woman are going to ware a pink bracelet to mark the discrimination that girls in developing countries still are victim off. Did you know that girls more often are malnourished compared to boys? It's more common that girls don't finish elementary school and they're more often under the threat of being married off as children. "Plans" girl campaign has as their goal that four million girls are going to finish elementary school. That girls get education is a important step to reduce poverty in society and that we can illuminate this by running is awesome. Tomorrow I'm not only running for me but also for the girls!


As a little treat I also got a 20 minutes pedicure for a very reasonable price, something that my feet really needed and it was kind of a nice ending to the "era of maternity leave"...


Wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment