Sunday 5 August 2012

No lazy Sunday!

We woke up early (like always, is it only our children that doesn't realize the beauty of sleeping in?), ate breakfast, packed a picnic and took off for the park. Once there the girls played, Lovisa loves the little paddling pool and Andréa likes to chase the birds. We ate, Andréa slept a bit, I needed to pee for two hours (the only toilet was out of order) and after a little snack we had to bribe Lovisa with a cookie to get her to leave the park (another thing I never thought I would do as a parent but it bloody works!).

At the park

At home we put the girls in front of the TV while I ran to the store and H started the laundry. I came back, sweaty and swearing, with a big backpack and 4 bags of groceries. Felt a sudden urge to get rid of all the dirt and sand that covered the floors so I vacuumed the whole flat. By now the girls got tired of the TV and thought it was more fun to chase the vacuum cleaner and pull out the plug. I don't understand where they got that sense of humor, so bloody irritating! We fixed a fast supper, ate and went to the park that's just across the street to really exhaust the girls before bedtime. Back home half-hour later we gave them a bath, they were so dirty the water turned brown. I went out for a 10 km run and H continued with the laundry.

Just to write about all the things we did today makes me weak..  Now I'm going to watch the 100 meter final for men in the Olympics. That's just for how long I can stay focused right now - around 10 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment