Thursday 16 August 2012

Exhaling.

I'm sitting here eating an evening snack after half-an-hour burnout on the machine from hell. Trying to decompress a bit after Andréa's first day at daycare. In Sweden it's a tradition that one of the parents are together with the child the first days at the daycare, we call it "schooling in". I don't know how common this is in other countries but in Quebec it's not very common. When Lovisa started her private daycare there I left her to her pedagogue outside at the doorstep, kissed her goodbye and cried a bit on the way home. It went very well and it was never a problem for Lovisa to settle in. Actually, I think "schooling in" is more for us concerned parents than for our children (but of course it's also necessary for some children with special needs and/or children that are very dependent on their parents).

Anyway, if you count out the fact that Andréa hardly ate anything all day and that she got a scrape on her forehead things went very well. She played, slept and seemed to be generally satisfied with her new environment.

Look out!

By the way my face looks much better today, thank god, so I didn't need to explain myself to the other parents and the staff... I'm not going to bother you with a new face picture just yet but it'll come in a week or so. Now - shower!

2 comments:

  1. Vad skönt att första dagen gick bra. Fasen vad stora de börjar bli... Kramar till dig och tjejerna! Lena B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja snart växer de om oss ;)! Kram!

    ReplyDelete