Tuesday 20 March 2012

The day after the incident...

I recieved an e-mail from the head of the daycare, Mrs A, this morning at 06:37 am. She wrote that this should not happen, she totally understand that I was upset and she's going to talk to the educators today and get back to me. When I left Lovisa at the daycare this morning Mrs A was alreday there and had already talked to the educators. They set up new routines regarding children that temporarily change departments and new routines regarding stand in educators. They are also going to discuss this more at a meeting tomorrow.

The educator that was responsible for Lovisas group when I arrived yesterday was very moved by the incident. She said to me that she honestly had no idea where Lovisa was, somebody else could easily have picked her up. I still tremble when I think about what happened and I can't help wondering how people that loses children keep on going. The children are the most precious thing that I have and that is what makes this so terrible, just the thought that something could have happened...

I'm feeling content that the daycare took the incident serious and that Mrs A acted fast. I didn't feel really comfortable leaving Lovisa this morning though... And that feeling is probably going to remain for quite some time...

2 comments:

  1. OMG, just felt sick to my stomach reading that. I do however feel that because everyone must have got such a scare that they will make sure it never happens again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know, I still feel horrified! But I have to believe that they are capable of taking care of Lovisa and that they realize they have to make some changes. I got the impression that they took this very serious...

    ReplyDelete