Monday 19 November 2012

My skin.

Remember this? Well, here's a follow up... All my adult life I've had a bit of problem skin. Not terrible skin but far from perfect. As a teenager my skin was OK, I hardly had no pimples but when I reached my twenties hell began. I have very sensitive skin, mixed type that can be both fat and dry (the older I get the drier it gets...) and I easily get black heads and small pimples. Frequent outbreaks on my chin is my landmark. You would think that after 2 kids and closing up to 35 years of age the pimples would be long gone but not for me! I've tried lots of products and I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent on my skin. I used Clinique's products for years and I honestly don't think it helped, only to empty my wallet I'm afraid... I also tried Mary Kay, Vichy and a number of other products. In August I just about had it and went to this place. They're suppose to be experts when it comes to problem skin and I followed their advise 100%. I did expensive pore cleansing, bought their costly products, put my mask on every second day and so on... But I have to say that it's not a big improvement. The only thing it might have done is making my skin even more dry, now it's so dry I feel wrinkled! So now I've decided to cancel my next appointment for pore cleansing and do something more fun with the money because god knows pore cleansing is not fun, just damned expensive.

Sitting here with my expensive mask, getting dry and wrinkled...

Did you find your "miracle" product yet? I'm in all ears...

4 comments:

  1. Har du provat något läkemedel, typ Roaccutan? http://www.netdoktor.se/hud-har/?_PageId=483

    En kompis till mig använde detta, hon hade alltid haft problemhud, men hon blev mycket, mycket bättre efter den kuren och har haft väldigt lite problem sedan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... Värt att kolla upp, tack för tipset!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hej hej! Även om man får acne så kan man vara torr under. De flesta acneprodukter torkar ut huden så det kan vara det som gör problemet värre (din hud blir mer irriterad och så blir det tvärtom-effekt). Kan vara så att det är produkter för fel hudtyp? Kommer så klart ihåg att du använde mina produkter för länge sedan, kommer dock inte ihåg för vilken hudtyp vi använde. Synd att jag inte visste att du inte var nöjd då för då hade jag bytt ut dem åt dig :-( Har du haft problem så här länge tycker jag det kan vara värt att en hudläkare kikar på dig och gör en analys. Hoppas det löser sig, stor kram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica: dina produkter var inte dåliga, men de hjälpte mig inte heller (story of my life...). Ja, kanske nästa steg är hudläkare, nu har jag testat diverse produkter, gjort ett antal hudanalyser och fått råd av hudterapeut... Kram!

    ReplyDelete