Thursday 1 November 2012

A better version of me.

Isn't it wonderful how you can watch your child and realize that this is a more beautiful and better version of you? Perhaps I was like that once upon a time before teenage depression, eating disorders, bad boyfriends and a bunch of less good life decisions made me harder, darker and boring (like my very wise grandmother said a few years back: "Karin, when you were a child you were so curious but now your so blasé").

It's just so lovely to see the innocent joy of discovery, the total forgiving smile or the uncontrolled joy over discovering that your body can dance. The world is upon their feet and they have no idea what's out there. It's scary and beautiful at the same time.


My girls task is to grow up and figure life out, my task is to let them do that. I don't know which one is the hardest...






2 comments:

  1. Charmig film. Heja Andrea! Och vilken härlig kommentar från din mormor/farmor. Hoppas det inte ligger alltför mycket sanning i den :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det ligger nog en hel del sanning i det tyvärr. Men så personligt tar jag det inte för det händer de flesta av oss tror jag (även om ordvalet var väl hårt, jag är en rätt kul person vill jag tro ;)). Jag kan många gånger önska att jag hade mer av ett barn i mig...

    ReplyDelete