Wednesday 21 November 2012

How to know...

How do you know if your three-year old just is defiant or if something is really wrong? Lovisa doesn't seem happy at all right know and it's hard to take. She's only happy short moments and in between it's whining, crying and screaming. A new thing she started with is to complain about stomach ache. Now, how do you really know if she's just trying to get attention or if she actually has a pain in her little belly? I don't know. She's usually pretty easy to divert when she has her terrible mood swings but lately it's been impossible. She doesn't eat properly, she's not content and she seems unhappy. A three-year old shouldn't be miserable! Or is it just her "terrible three" that we have to bare? Tonight I yelled at her numerous times and she gets really sad and then I get a bad conscious. You shouldn't scream at a three-year old but I just can't help myself sometimes. Now I've just carried a sleeping Lovisa to her bed, she woke up crying and whining, like she had a bad dream. I tried to comfort her but she pushed me away but in the same time she really needed me. Then she started complaining about her stomach again and finally she fell asleep in my arms totally exhausted  And in the back of my head I can't help thinking that on Sunday H is going to Canada for two whole weeks. God help us all...


No comments:

Post a Comment