Tuesday 27 November 2012

About grumpy old men and crying in public.

I lost it today. Well, not as bad as Lovisa but still, crying in the metro, in front of strangers, is not something I usually do. I picked up the girls and it was more of a hassle than usual. Lovisa was in the middle of playing and had no intention to leave her friends to go out and face the crappy, dark and cold November rain. However, after at least 30 minutes of trying to get her out of the daycare, I had both girls and the stroller with me on the the way to the metro. Lovisa made it as far as the doors to the metro station where she freaked out. For no obvious reason she refused to enter through the doors. She's stood in the middle of the entrance with her little umbrella and prohibited people to come in or out whereupon I was forced to carry her away from there. When I carried her away she got furious and started to scream. Throwing herself on the floor (and at this point I was already exhausted from the effort it took to get her out from the daycare), totally hysteric she was pounding her hands on the ground. People were starring and one old man, that was sitting on a bench, talking on his mobile phone, yelled at her out loud "Shout up!". Lovisa didn't even hear him but I did and I felt the panic and anger building up inside me. Couldn't he see that she's a three year old that right in this moment is struggling with herself? Then he turned to me and yelled "Could you please put a silencer on her!". And I'm not kidding - he really screamed. I felt the tears building up inside and I finally forcibly picked Lovisa up and somehow (I don't really know how) managed to get her and the stroller, were Andréa was sitting, through the barriers to get to the metro, while tears of anger ran down my cheeks. 

When we finally got home, after another fit, I was totally exhausted. Lovisa too. Thank god my mother was here and prepared supper. When I tucked Lovisa in tonight she looked at me seriosly and said "Sorry mum for screaming in the metro. And sorry for screaming while "monsieur" was on the phone." I kissed her and said "I love you so much. Everything is OK." In my head I was thinking: Screw you, grumpy old guy!

My mother and a glass of whine is just what I needed tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Men va fan!!! Jävla idiot. En stor snyting skulle han ha. Blir så arg att jag får tårar i ögonen av att bara läsa om det. Synd gubben inte kommer ihåg hur frustrerande det är att vara 3 år gammal. Glad att du har sällskap och stöd (och vin) ikväll. Det förtjänar du! Kram Lena B

    ReplyDelete


  2. "Trois ans : crise d'opposition L'enfant est égocentrique, très observateur L'imagination prend son essor: fabulation, goût pour la fiction. Age du "Pourquoi ?" Age de l'imitation du geste et de la parole. Confiance illimité en l'adulte."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lena: jag ångrar att jag inte sa något men just där och då var jag för chockad. Sen är jag sån som, när jag blir för arg, gråter ist för skriker... Tyvärr...

    Anna S: Ja precis så!

    ReplyDelete