Tuesday 4 September 2012

Think twice.

I've been thinking about this and I can't just let it go. When I got my bib for Saturday's race I also got a "goodie bag". A bag full of information, papers and samples from different sponsors. This bag was given to everyone regardless of age and/or disease. For example this pack of pills was there, "take one pill per day to increase your brain capacity" it says on the box.



I just hope everyone think twice before eating a product like this. To eat B vitamins thousands times more than the daily recommended dose (RDI) is not anything I would recommend if your doctor didn't prescribe it for a specific reason. Some of these vitamins and minerals are stored in the liver and you don't have to be a genius to understand that it's a lot of work to take care of to high amounts. And the amounts in this box are gigantic.

No, skip these pills and take a nice evening walk or a yoga pass instead and increase your brain capacity without shocking your liver!

No comments:

Post a Comment