Monday 10 September 2012

I'm so good!

Friday morning I did it - I ran to work for the first time. It took a bit of planning; clothes, breakfast, extra shoes, towel and shower items I already brought earlier during the week. It was a great start of the day, I took of at 6 am to avoid the worst morning traffic. My route went through the central parts of Stockholm since I live south of the city and work north of it, I ran over 5 bridges and enjoyed the beauty of our "water capital". 51 minutes and 9,45 km later I took a quick shower, ate a fast breakfast and then I was totally ready to face the day! Instead of my usual morning pale face color it was more reddish this Friday...

Today I ran home from work. A little bit more messy with a lot of traffic, pedestrians and cyclists but it felt great too. I ran directly to the daycare and gave my little darlings a sweaty hug. To run from work to the daycare was longer, almost 11 km and it took me 1 hour since the traffic was worse. Now I'm sitting here feeling all proud over my new habit (two times makes a habit - right?!) because it's so great to have the opportunity to exercise without taking time from being with the family. This way I get a really good workout and nobody misses me! And honestly, it doesn't take that much longer to run than taking the metro and the bus... But it do take more planning and a strong mind!

Happy after my achievement!

H thinks I'm rather crazy but I think I'm superwoman! Wohooo!






7 comments:

  1. Exakt, wow, wow, wow! Inte klokt vad du e bra! Kram Lena B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja jäklar! Snacka om imponerande... och inspirerande. Om du inte läst Haruki Murakamis "Vad jag pratar om när jag pratar om löpning" rekommenderar jag den starkt. Han är också en äkta löpargalning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tack för tipset Katarina. Alltid bra med inspirerande läsning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tack Kajsa :)! Du är så duktig du med, med allt ditt tränande!

    ReplyDelete