Tuesday 29 March 2011

Packing!!

I started this day with a walk in half snow-storm to my mid-wife. Everything seemed good, the baby still has the head down and my mid-wife could move it a bit so the baby isn't completely stuck to my pelvis just yet... Continued the morning with doing some shopping with my 83-year old grandmother. She wanted to buy Lovisa some gifts and bought her way to many of course, she's going to be all spoiled when she arrives! I did some shopping to, bought Lovisa a nice "toto" to give her at the airport...

 Her name is Monique, very cute...

I also bought some last stuff for the "delivery bag" and a really cool blanket for the baby (I mean, the poor thing has to have something that's not inherited). I can't wait to wrap her in it!

The "delivery bag" filled with goodies and the cool baby blanket

They say a delivery is like running a marathon so of course you need some energy during the adventure. I packed 2 coca-colas (sugar and caffeine - good stuff!), 2 "kexchoklad" (the Swedish version of kitkat but more tasty according to me), 2 energy bars and 1 bag of mixed, salted peanuts. Now, I hope the delivery is going to be a bit faster than the last one, then we ate everything except the "kexchoklad" but those we ate after (it takes a lot of energy to breastfeed and also to become a father and watch the mother breastfeed!).

Right now I'm packing to go to Stockholm tomorrow morning and it feels really exciting, one step closer to my family! H is a bit worried that I'm travelling alone and I don't look forward to 3 and a half hours on a bus with my big belly but I know it's going to be all worth it on Saturday - Stockholm here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment