Tuesday 15 March 2011

I'm pregnant!

Oh my god! Time to focus on me and the baby. Almost forgot I was pregnant but now it's high time to start thinking about the delivery, pack the hospital bag, check the little baby clothes.... I had my first mid-wife appointment here in Sweden today and everything seemed good. The most surprising thing once again is that my Hemoglobin level is high enough so I wont have to take iron supplements - 130! Go Canadian steaks! And Swedish "blood pudding"! Yummie!

Pale and pregnant, end of week 36...

My new mid-wife seemed nice, of the "old tribe" using the good old "funnel" to listen to the baby's heart... She asked me if I or Hubert had any preferences about the delivery and it was then I realized how little we've been preparing. We didn't discuss anything! I said something about the importance of an English-speaking mid-wife and that I'm open to all kinds of pain relief if I need it...  I also said I prefer to give birth in an upright position and NOT lying on my back... Eehhh, I couldn't think of anything else to say, maybe I should discuss this with H, or what do you guys think!? 

Tonight I'm looking forward to go to yin-yoga to stretch out my sore joints...


2 comments:

  1. Karin, I really think that preparing too much in your case is going to prove unnecessary and it might even cause you stress. Well, you've done this before and nothing ever turns out like you expect it anyway. You've done the yoga all the time, that's really good preparation if you ask me. Just go with the flow, that's what I would do...

    And maybe prepare by eating a lot of good food and sleeping and resting as much as you can, but that you already know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your of course right Åsa! I'm just comparing it with the first pregnancy and how everything was planned in to the last detail... We even practiced breathing every night! But it's different the second time around and no wonder considering our busy lifes!
    I'm a control freak and I think the best thing for me is to try and relax and go with the flow, just as you suggest...

    ReplyDelete