Friday 18 March 2011

Skype poop, sciatic and to much snow!

It's a special feeling when you see your daughter, on Skype, poop in a potty on the other side of the Atlantic. I would call it a bit surreal. I miss her so much it aches in my body. But today it's "only" 2 weeks until I get to hold her in my arms. Hopefully I'll keep myself busy enough not to "break up" completely... 

This morning it was winter again. After a wonderful week with a lot of sun and melting ice, it looks like spring has been put on hold. Really unnecessary if you ask me. It's really slippery and dangerous to walk since the snow is covering the ice spots so you can't predict were it's safe to put down your feet. 
  
 Morning view from mum's kitchen

I'm trying to make the best of my time hear, and so far it's been really great to see the family, a few relatives, visiting old colleagues and yesterday I went to the local theater for the first time in years! It was really good but bloody hell - my sciatic is terrible! The theater was long and after about 20 minutes my right leg was gone. If you have any advice how to ease sciatic please inform me!

I'm still amazed that last weeks dissertation went well and that it's finally over! I still look at all the nice gifts I got, here is a heart from mum:

 A green/blue heart from mum

Otherwise, I'm trying to rest, eat healthy with a lot of iron, here's a little something for my Canadian readers: blood pudding with lingonberry sauce, I also like to add some bacon - stuffed with iron and really tasty!

Blood pudding - yummie for mummies with a big belly!

Now I'm going to put on my spikes and slide down to the city for a nice coffee with my dear cousin and sister! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment