Monday 28 February 2011

Last Sunday in Montreal!


Oh my god! It's my last Sunday in Montreal for a long time. Do I feel prepared to leave my family for a month - NO WAY! Do I feel prepared for my dissertation - SHOULDN'T THINK SO! Do I feel really emotional and a bit hysteric - YES!!! I've been crying a lot this weekend, mostly because I can't believe I'm really leaving Lovisa. I sat by her bed the other night, watching her fall asleep with tears just poring down my cheeks and snot running down my nose. Poor H doesn't know what do to. It's not that I don't think he can take care of her, it's just that she's still so small and she really needs me! And of course, I need her... 
I also all of a sudden feel so pregnant! The stomach is starting to be in the way, I can't find a really comfortable position to sit in. I can only sleep on my left side. I feel really hungry all the time but when I eat I feel sick. I have terrible attacks with heartburn and I feel like a hormonal bitch most of the time... Oh, and on top of this I also think I have a bit of hemorrhoids. It's really great, wonderful and amazing being pregnant! 
Next week is going to be all about preparing the last things, trying to do some studying and all of the packing! Now, the packing is a bit of a hassle... Right now it's cold winter, in a few weeks it's probably spring. Right now I'm really pregnant and have a big belly, in about a month I'm not... How the hell am I going to pack for this trip? Just one of the problems is which jacket to bring. Should I bring the big, warm "tent" that I use now, or the smaller spring jacket? I can't really bring both... I know, I know, it's small problems when you look at the big picture... 
Here is something funny to compensate you for all my whining; this is apparently what we sound like when we're on the phone (according to Lovisa):



Lovisa is sleeping good right now without knowing her career-oriented mother is about to abandon her in a few days... Oh well, H is right now picking up the "cavalry" at the airport, my mother-in-law with boyfriend are coming to stay for a whole month. I better pick up a bit in the kitchen and living room before they arrive. That is if I can bend down...

No comments:

Post a Comment