Thursday 10 February 2011

The stomach!


Entering week 32 and I'm starting to feel REALLY pregnant! This week has been all about the little baby living in my womb... Monday I had a doctors appointment. Here in Canada you see a doctor and not a midwife when your pregnant. My Dr L is a cool woman, not to fond of vitamins and substitutes as my Swedish midwife... My midwife advised me to start taking iron supplements in week 16 when I was in Sweden! When I got back to Canada Dr L suggested that I should eat some more meat and skip the pills. Fine by me! Iron is definitely not my stomachs favorite diet... So I've been eating more meat; steaks, porc, sausages - you name it! And to think that it wasn't to long ago I didn't eat meat at all! Despite this I was totally convinced that my hemoglobin (hb) was totally in the bottom after my 2 weeks with stomachflu. Well, the meat diet works, my Hb was 121 this monday! Unbelievable! With Lovisa I had to start eating iron supplement in week 20 and I was in better shape, not having breastfed for 10 months before I got pregnant with her...

Everything else were good, baby's heart rate around 150 beats/min (she had a hard time finding it at first, the baby moved all the time and also had the hickups), my blood pressure 100/65 mmHg, the so called SF (symfys fundus, the size of the stomach basically) 31 cm (this is suppose to be the same as the amount of weeks your pregnant +-2). I gained around 7 kg so far which is a little bit less than with Lovisa, considering I've been more sick I think it's OK.

Week 32, feeling pregnant and pretty good!

Front picture...

Yesterday I had my vaccination. Because my blood type is Rh negative and the baby I'm carrying is Rh positive there is a chance that I will start to reject the baby, creating antibodies against the poor thing. Since we don't want that I had to go to St Mary's hospital to take the vaccine. They already blood typed me in Sweden and in Canada but they wanted to blood type me again at the hospital. Two different technicians took two separate tests just to make sure I'm really Rh negative and that I haven't got any antibodies in my blood. One of the samples were lost and it took them 3 hours to find it. So, for the modest amount of around 150 CAD (that is about 900 SEK), I had my vaccine but it took 4 hours to get it. Good thing I'm such a patient and calm woman right now... Arggghhhhh!!!

The baby is really having a great time in my belly! She's kicking, tumbling around, waking me up in the middle of the night, kicks on my bladder so I have to run to the toilet just to squeeze out a few drops... She's a wild one! Just like her sister; yesterdays toy was a tray that she found in one of the kitchen cabinets:

It's very practical, you can sit on it AND have your toto (teddybear) AND the phone on it AT THE SAME TIME!

And of course you can examine it for the LONGEST TIME!


My little rascal!

So, I now you guys are in here reading, I see it on the statistics - leave a comment!




5 comments:

  1. i love ur blog Karin, it all sounds really good and I really like ur doctor telling u to eat more meat than pills, me like that:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, more meat to the pregnant women :)! Canadian steaks are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, du ser strålande ut och Lovisa är så sött hon med!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Att du hade börjat blogga! Såg det på fejan igår. Kul! Du kansek kan dra in lite stålar p detta oxå ;-) Hoppas vi ses i Sweden snart. Kram

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tack Veronica!

    Maria: det vore ju schysst att tjäna en hacka! Ja, hoppas verkligen vi kan ses i Svedala. Jag är ju där ettag men kanske är lite "omobil"...

    ReplyDelete