Wednesday 2 February 2011

Blizzard!

Oh my god! What a blizzard we got today! And of course I had to go out in it... To mail a little something to a very special person, but what don't you do for your loved ones? So, warm, windproof clothes and warm, waterproof boats on and out I went!


Outside our house.

The walkway to the bus takes about 10 minutes. After 5 minutes I couldn't see a thing and I was completely covered in snow!

Our street...

Of course I just missed the bus, saw the back of it as I was crossing the street. The traffic wasn't to bad though. I guess people are sane enough to stay inside today, or use the metro...
Snow chaos on Rue Sherbrooke.

When I finally got to the post office it turns out that they don't take VISA and I didn't have any cash. There I was covered in snow, feeling very pregnant, on the edge of crying and the poor boy behind the counter said "we'll make an exception, only for this time". Wow, I didn't know they could make exceptions, I thought that ether their machine took VISA or it didn't.
Did a bit of groceries and took the bus back, got a free ride since the cash machine on the bus was broken.
Struggled myself back in almost knee high snow with only a few contractions on the way.

My reward when I got home - soup in a cup and "fläskpannkaka", that is pancake with diced pork (a Swedish specialty, sound pretty disgusting but it's delicious!).

It's suppose to come 30 cm of snow today. Now, I need a good nap. Over and out.



2 comments:

  1. Hi there sweetie! Congrats to the new "bump" and everything!
    What a faboulus idea to start a blog, because blogs I do read, facebook I simply don´t do :-)
    XoXo

    Veronica in the Hagen, gnällbältet, Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Veronica! Kul att få lite kontakt igen. Ja, här kan du följa med i mina små och stora vardagliga händelser :).
    Kram!

    ReplyDelete