Friday 25 February 2011

Bye, bye Dr L!

Today I had my last appointment with Dr L. Lovisa had her 18-month check-up at the same time, since Dr L is also Lovisas doctor. It was a bit sentimental to say goodbye knowing next time we'll see each other I'll have a little baby and Lovisa is a big sister! Lovisa found a funny plastic doll in the waiting room that had a helmet you could pull down over it's eyes. That was apparently really entertaining and each time she pulled the helmet down over the dolls face she said "bye, bye!". So during my examination Lovisa sat on the floor saying "bye, bye!" for about 50 times...
Anyway, everything was good with the big baby and with the little baby inside me to. I didn't gain any weight for 2 weeks according to Dr L:s scale but there's something fishy about her scale I think. Considering yesterdays supper her scale most be way of! My Irish friend (who also is pregnant! Baby-boom!) made us a very nice supper; she spoiled us with good food and a delicious desert I never had before. It's called bread and butter pudding, sounds pretty grouse but tastes like i little bit of heaven.

 Bread and butter pudding - a british invention here made by an Irish 

My little unborn also got her first clothes, a gift from my friend - so adorable! Look at the tiny shoes... 

Now it's only 1 week until I take of for Sweden and 2 weeks until I'm sweating at my dissertation, that is, if I don't go into labor before... Dr L called me "courageous" when we talked about the next few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment