Wednesday 9 May 2012

The international stroke day

I just found out that today is the international stroke day. Do you know the most common symptoms of stroke and how to discover them in time? If not, do this test. It's in Swedish so I have to apologies to my English readers.

Today I'm thinking of my mother-in-law that just recovered from a small stroke. Luckily she doesn't have any permanent injuries from it. I'm also thinking of the young mother that also was pregnant when we took care of her at the intensive care unit when I was working at my first job. She had a major stroke and it was no chance for her to recover. They tried to keep her body going so maybe, maybe the baby that she carried could be born. But she didn't make it and her unborn baby died with her. So tragic and sad. I'm especially thinking about her children and her husband that she left behind.

So do the test and you might save a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment