Monday 4 June 2012

I hate being the bad guy!

In our family I'm the bad guy while H is the good guy. He gives Lovisa a cookie in front of the TV in the evening on a Tuesday! I force her to brush her teeth after and tells H that he's giving her bad habits.

H makes her another sandwich with another spread because the first one wasn't good enough. I say that he spoils her and that she would survive without the second sandwich (which she usually doesn't eat either!).

I think Lovisa should go to bed at 8 pm but H thinks she could stay up a bit longer - then she might sleep in tomorrow...

I take away Lovisa's soother in the morning because I don't think it's appropriate that she has it when she's awake and it's not fair to Andréa, who we just forced to give up the soother, that her older sister runs around with it in her mouth. H thinks I'm hard and that we could let her have it a bit longer in the morning...

I could go on but I think you get the picture. I stick to routines while H mess them up... And it's tiresome to always be the mean, hard and bad guy while he gets to be the fun, generous and crazy guy...

Funny, crazy and cozy H...


4 comments:

  1. =) Funny.
    All families I know of have one bad and one good parent. OR so I thought. Maybe it’s all in the mothers’ heads??? After reading your post now, I asked my sons who is the most severe of their parents. (Of course. I’m the one) and to my surprise they agreed that none of us were, that we just are different. For example, when I go away, the kids told me they go to bed later (I knew it!) but when S goes away, we eat terrible (yes, I hate cooking)… thai take out, pizza and noodles…
    I am still convinced I am the more severe of us two.
    This is what I’ve learnt: 1. If you want to create a routine, you can’t afford to make more than very rare exceptions (and make sure to tell the kids it’s an exeption). 2. If you want to create a routine, both parents need to think it's a useful one. 3. Many routines are over-rated... they just create a lot of stress... that's my opinion... but then again, I might be closer to H here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure we're all different. As a friend commented to this post, the answer to solve this is probably shared parental leave, only when you're on your own responsible for the children you realize that some routines are necessary to cope with the every day issues... But I agree with you too, you can't go manic with routines, then you forget to live! But it's my true believe that a few, well established routines regarding eating, sleeping etc are important and good for the children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag skrev på engelska av bara farten igår. Och så långt! Inte likt mig, måste vara bloggabstinens:)
    Jag håller fullständigt med dig om att rutiner är a och o för barn, särskilt små barn. Jag tror också precis som din vän att delad föräldraledighet är lösningen på mycket då det gäller sånt här. Sen är det ju som sagt en fråga om hur mycket rutiner man har, och vilka. Jag har sett personer i min omgivning som på grund av många rutiner, sedan drunknar i måsten. När de där måstena (som de börjat uppleva som yttre krav) i själva verket är påhittade av dem själva…
    Ja, lagom är bäst :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Det är svårt med lagom har jag märkt. Och jag ligger nog tyvärr lite i riskzonen att hamna där du beskriver men jag jobbar verkligen på att inte ha massa nonensrutiner för att tillfredställa mitt kontrollbehov ;)...

    ReplyDelete