Thursday 14 June 2012

Grillfemman!

After the summer party yesterday afternoon it was time for my next race. To be honest I didn't feel that excited about it and it didn't make things better when my friend send me a text that she had a cold and probably couldn't make it. But since I payed to participate and the weather looked really nice I decided to go anyway. And boy, what a beautiful evening! My friend decided to join me, mostly to cheer me on. We where about 80 woman running the 5 km long track around beautiful Hellasgården.

 Before the race - excited and ready to go!

My friend cheering me on from behind during my last kilometer...

Done - red, sweaty and happy!

To my big surprise I ran in as number 8 on the time 27.01 minutes. My GPS told me that it was closer to 5,4 km so I'm very happy with my time. After we enjoyed a well earned grill plate in the sun. If your looking for a nice, smaller scale race don't hesitate to take part of this well organised, close to nature experience.

Now I'm one step closer to my goal, to run "Tjejmilen"under 60 minutes...


No comments:

Post a Comment