Sunday 22 April 2012

Happy birthday Andréa!

Little over a year ago she was born, Andréa Kristina Bouma. I squeezed her out just after 7 pm and the feeling! It's worth a million! Congratulations our little miss sunshine! I can't believe it's been a year already!

Almost exactly one year ago I gave birth to this little girl. I don't lie when I say I think we both look better today!

Andréa, minutes old...

It's easy to get a bit nostalgic a day like this. But I think we handled it pretty good. I focused on the cake and the food, H ran around the house cleaning, picking up and my mother, who's visiting for the big occasion, entertained the kids. Around 2 pm the guests arrived. It was friends and family, a nice mix of cool people. We ate, drank, sang but most of all: enjoyed our beautiful children! 

The cake need a chapter of it's own. I sweated, I almost cried but I made it! A three layer, delicious strawberry, cream cake:






The birthday girl was in a splendid mood and wobbled around showing her new feature: to walk! She ate her cake, opened her gifts, or rather; enjoyed her gifts while somebody else opened them...


 I rule the world... 

 From me and H she got a Mercedes to cruse around in...

 Her first shoes...


The girls are sleeping and the parents are tired - a good party for the best one year old!

2 comments:

  1. Åh vad härligt! Låter ju som ett toppenkalas - och tårtan såg jättefin och smaskig ut! Kram LenanB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, det var verkligen kul! Fullt ös medvetslös :)! Lite skönt att det är överstökat nu... Lite av tårtan finns i frysen så det är bara att titta över om du blir sugen Lena ;)!

    ReplyDelete