Thursday 24 January 2013

My work...

A few of my readers was wondering what I really do for a living. That's a question I also ask myself from time to time but I'm going to try to explain it simple and nice... I'm a biomedical scientist, specialized in clinical physiology. I work mostly with cardiovascular diagnostics and my special area is echocardiography of the heart. This is what my thesis was about, and more specific echocardiography with focus on the right ventricle. In my current position I'm suppose to work 50% clinically and 50% in research, unfortunately that's not my reality, it's probably 80% clinically and 20% research. Now it looks like I'm going to do a tiny bit of teaching too which I find exciting and stimulating.

Biomedical scientist is a unknown profession, but it's in huge demand in Sweden so if you're looking for something stimulating, a bit like a mix between an engineer, a nurse and a doctor this could be your thing!

1 comment:

  1. Tack för det! Och lite reklam fick du med också :) Ja, undervisning är kul, även om det i alla fall i mitt fält (litteraturvetenskap) tar galet mycket tid att förbereda i början. Men det roligt med studenterna, och så lär man sig ju väldigt mycket själv.

    ReplyDelete