Tuesday 1 November 2011

When is it going to turn around?

We're on the fourth week of having really shitty nights. Andréa wakes up between 3-10 times EVERY night. She fuzzes, moves, farts, whines and screams. I feel more dead than alive. I know, I know, IT'S JUST A PHASE AND THIS TO SHALL PASS! But for god sake, when you're in the middle of it it's not much of a consolation.
I've been in contact with our Swedish nurse and she came with some ideas to try to turn this nasty habit around. To make her little tummy digest the food better we're going to change her feeding schedule a bit, apparently fruits make you fart a lot so no more fruits for Andréa in the evening! I also got the advise to put her in another room than our bedroom. And that might help a bit. Because as it is now, I'm lying there listening, waiting for her to wake up and when she do I think to myself "Bloody hell, this is the ... time she wakes up - GIVE ME A FREAKIN' BREAK!!!"
I read somewhere that to go a long time without sleep slowly drives you insane. Damn right it does!

1 comment:

  1. Karin, I had the same problem with Annie. She woke up all the time at night, and I woke up when she just mooved a little bit, in the end. So I made the decision to moove the girls to an own room. (Annie was at that time 5 months) And finally I could sleep trough a hole night. In the end she didn´n even wake up at all to eat... And I put 10 pacifiers in her cradle too, so she always could find one at night.

    Good luck sweetie Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete