Thursday 9 June 2011

The heat is on!

The first heat wave struck us with magnificent power yesterday. The heat affects us all. And when it's this warm and humid it's not affecting us in positive way... The kids are cranky. I'm more confused than usual (if that's possible) and people generally go nuts! A women stopped me on my way to daycare to pick up Lovisa, I had Andréa in the baby björn, and an empty stroller for Lovisa. She looked at me with the most serious eyes and said "your going to kill her walking around in this heat". Now, she had now idea that I was going to the daycare, about 300 meters from our house, but comments like that make me mad! Did she really think I was out for a stroll with my infant in 35 degrees heat because I thought it was healthy and nice? Stupid woman!

 To warm to be comfortable...

 Hypnotized!

H walked around all day yesterday thinking it was Tuesday, when it was Wednesday. You would have excepted something like that from me who's home breastfeeding all day, I mean he's working and have meetings! Well, lets blame the heat! 
When H was going to put Lovisa to bed he turned around as he was walking out from the living room and said "this is going to be a ruff one". Naturally I thought he meant putting Lovisa to sleep, but he was referring to the ongoing Stanley Cup final, Vancouver against Boston. Turned out we were both right, Lovisa refused to sleep (we blame the heat!) and Vancouver lost (we blame the goalie who most certain had a heatstroke!).

3 comments:

  1. Hej där!
    Har ett tips till dig som jag tror du kommer gilla: Var inne på en annan blogg och läste om den här sidan www.blog2print.com där man kan förvandla sin blogg till en bok/böcker. Det skulle nog dina barn gilla att ha när de blir äldre att kika i. Kram i värmen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej! Det låter intressant, ska kolla upp det. Tack för tipset.
    Hur mår du och magen? Är det tungt i värmen??
    Kram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tack, jag och magen mår finfint. Väntar på att få kallelse till ultraljudet som ska bli innan midsommar. Då får vi reda på om det blir en tjej eller kille, kan knappt vänta!

    ReplyDelete