Sunday 25 August 2013

Saunalaiva, a bloody knee and Lovisa day.

The floating sauna that my dad worked on for over a year is finally ready. The big opening took place yesterday with the yearly "fermented-herring party" combined with a sauna party. Very nice indeed. The sauna is so beautiful and worked excellent, the water had just the right temperature and the August evening was so breathtaking and fresh it could possibly be... Lovisa and Andréa had their first true Sauna experience and Lovisa loved it while Andréa was a bit more skeptic...


Saunalaiva 1 - the name of dad's piece of art...


Of course a boat has to have the proper inauguration...


The floating sauna in the beautiful August night...

I've been taking a break from my running for a week since my knee has been bugging me. For a couple of days now I felt better and this morning I finally went out for a test run. Oh, I missed my morning runs!


Unfortunately I still felt a little bit of pain in my knee after running a few kilometers so I guess I have to give it some more time and do alternative training (cycling 30 kilometers to work every day will do) and stretching and hopefully I'll be OK. I'm a bit worried, it's only a few weeks left before I'm suppose to run Stockholm halfmarathon...

After running I realized it was Lovisas and my nameday! We celebrated with going to IKEA, one of Lovisas favourite things and after we had a nice Sunday "fika" or how about "Gotländska" pancakes (saffronpancakes) with whipped cream and cloudberry jam - mmmmm...


And suitable enough I realized our napkins had our name:


Now bedtime to charge low batteries for a new week...

No comments:

Post a Comment