Friday 23 August 2013

A parentalday is coming to an end...

The third day at the new daycare and today was my turn to spend it with the girls. "Schooling in" is a must and very popular in Sweden. This daycare has a two weeks schooling in period but since my girls are used to going to daycare we figure one week will do it. I remember when I first took Lovisa (she was about 15 months old) to the private daycare we had in Montreal and they didn't even let me in, they just grabbed her by the door and I had to say bye, bye and go home, crying mu eyes out of course. In Sweden it's the opposite, it almost feel like the schooling in period is a bit to much sometimes. But of course - children are different and for some two weeks is really necessary and for others, like my girls, a few days are enough.

Lovisa jumped into her department and hardly had the time to say goodbye to me while Andréa kept me in close range and it took her a few hours before feeling at home and she could play comfortably.




At this daycare you have to bring your stroller if your child still naps because here all the children sleeps outside, regardless of the weather and temperature. During the winter the pedagogues put the toddlers in warm sleepingbags and they can sleep warm and good even in minus degrees. It's awesome since it decrease the risk of infections - more fresh air to the people!

After Andréas naptime it was time to head home and I had to bribe Lovisa with a promise of popcorn in front of the tellie, the typical Swedish "fredagsmys", to make her leave the daycare. But before the "fredagsmys" we had to go to the store. That's a bit like asking for trouble - to do groceries with two wild little girls on a Friday afternoon but sometimes you don't have a choice...


Fortunately they have an airplane at the store...


Now we had "fredagsmys", supper and I've just finished to clean the downstairs and it's time for two little girls to go to bed... Another parentalday is coming to an end...

2 comments: