Wednesday 28 August 2013

Alternative training.

I'm trying to fix my "runners-knee" but it's tough not being able to run like I'm used to. I bought a balance-ball (or a fitness-ball) to build up my strength and my that is efficient training, I've discovered muscles that I didn't know I had - ouch! It's quite amazing, you can exercise your whole body with this simple and fairly cheap, gigantic ball.


I also bought this:


That's an even bigger challenge than the balance-ball, with the AB-roller you work on your arm-, back-, chest- and stomachmuscles. It's like doing push-ups just ten times harder. 

I also do a lot of stretching of my legs and hips every day. To not loose my shape entirely I've continued with the cycling to and from work, 30 kilometers per day. Hopefully my little knee will heal fast and good now.

Bottom line, to be able to be a good runner it's not all about running. It's about building up your body from inside to be strong enough to become a good runner. It all starts from within like so many other great things...

No comments:

Post a Comment