Tuesday 3 January 2012

To many good suppers...

It's always the same story after the holidays. Feeling fat, inflated and a bit disgusting I wish that I could spread out all the good suppers and deserts over the year instead of piling them up over a few weeks. These are just a few examples of what I've been stuffing myself with:

 H:s birthday supper: pasta with feta cheese and spinach sauce...

 Chicken á la Mats on Christmas Eve (yes, we DIDN'T have the classic Swedish smörgåsbord and I didn't miss it one bit!)

New Years Eve was a food party all night thru! Or how about:

 Toast Skagen

 A wonderful mushroom risotto

Turkish coffee with chocolate mousse

I'm feeling stuffed to say the least. Muffin edges over the pants and I hate it! So, no more goodies during the week days for me. And hopefully I can take more walks now that the kids aren't sick (there, I said it, bet one of them is in for a fever tonight)... Secretly I'm dreaming of going out for a run or going to the gym but it seems hopeless to find the time for that right now. The kids are so demanding, with Andréa being sick a lot and I'm so tired in the evenings.

I wish I could give a bit of all the food I've eaten to Andréa because she's not eating anything. Or, that's not entirely true, she's eating her gruel from the bottle, fruitpuré, small pieces (ridiculously small) of white bread with butter and a few corn kernels and pees. That's it. She refuses to eat if I feed her. Shuts her mouth, turns her head away and if I continue to try she screams and cries. It's annoying and a bit nerve wracking. My common sense tells me that she's not starving and it's just a phase after her terrible stomach flu but my mother sense screams "she's going to starve to death! Feed her! Feed her! Feed her you worthless mother!" I even have nightmares about Andréas eating habits. Oh well, tomorrow Andréa is going for her 8 month check up at BVC (Swedish healtcare system for kids) and I hope I'm going to be more at ease after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment