Thursday 20 October 2011

Boob and nanny update!

Yes, my boobs are definitely better. Probably because I've aggressively introduced solids in my little girls life, to give my sore nipples a break. This is her eating habits at almost 6 months of age:

6 am - goodmorning! Breastfeeding...
9 am - one big portion of baby cereal and a taste of fruit purée
Noon - vegetable purée and a taste of fruit purée
3 pm - breastfeeding...
5:30-6 pm - one big portion of baby cereal and a taste of fruit purée
7:30 pm - goodnight! Breastfeeding...

It's quite a relief for my boobs to go from 8 feedings to 3 per day. But they are so damned sensitive this time! Last week we all had a cold, Andréas latch were probably poor and whoops! A little crack on my right nipple and there she was vomiting my blood again. Uak! Well, she wont have an iron deficiency that's for sure! I do hope she gets enough nutrients considering I decreased the breastfeeding kind of  hastily but she seems to be pretty satisfied and she sure has a lot of energy. Just take a look at this video clip of her in the "nanny" (well worth the 40 bucks!):

Since my technical scills are limited you have to tilt your head to the left... Sorry...

I´m proud and happy I'm still breastfeeding her. It's been so pain- and stressful and more than once I felt like running to the pharmacy to buy a jar of formula. Since it's the first 6 months that the benefits of breastfeeding are the greatest I do feel more relaxed now. Pat on my shoulder!

Now I have to get some sleep. The past week and a half Andréa's been waking up way to many times during the nights. Probably because of her cold but nonetheless IT SUCKS! Goodnight!




1 comment:

  1. Good for you Karin to stick with it so long considering. I don't know that I would have been such a trooper. I am slightly jealous that your down to three feeds a day. Looking forward to cutting back myself and finally getting the little monkey out of my bed at night.
    Hope your all feeling better and you got a good rest!

    ReplyDelete