Monday 13 January 2014

A stolen sleigh...

Well, Lovisa is certainly making up little stories... We've finally got some snow here and when I got to daycare this afternoon Lovisa claimed that a pink sleigh, looking very much like a sleigh we have, was ours and I had to bring it home. I thought it was a bit strange that H brought a sleigh since he's bringing the girls in the car to daycare but then again Lovisa can be quite persistent if she wants something and in the morning you don't want to argue about bringing a sleigh or not.... On top of this I was the last parent leaving daycare since they were closing early today because of a staff-meeting, so I thought worst case we'll bring it back tomorrow if it turns out that it's not our, no one will miss it over night... We had a great time with the sleigh, I tied it to the stroller where Andréa was sitting and Lovisa was sitting, singing cheerful songs, in the sleigh. When we arrived home she explained that it wasn't our sleigh... "I just remembered now mum..." Yeah right!
Unfortunately H knew who the sleigh belonged to, it's one of the pedagogues that works at the daycare and also have her little daughter going to the daycare. Since it was a staff meeting she was probably still there with her daughter and probably planned to walk home with her daughter in the sleigh after the meeting. So now I'm feeling really stupid, trusting my 4-year old resulting in that one of the pedagogues didn't have a ride for her daughter to go home in, imagine the surprise! So from now on I have to check with H each time Lovisa tells me something that sounds a bit strange but not impossible...

Watching the "smurfs" while waiting for supper...

Otherwise I'm really tired of being half-sick with a swollen, hurting throat and a tired body unable to run... But you don't have to feel to sorry for me, on Wednesday I'm leaving for a 5 day conference in New Orleans. Bye cold dark Sweden - hi jazz, Cajun food and brightness!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, förstår att det känns så kul att berätta för pedagogen, men det var en himla rolig historia att läsa =) De är inte mycket att lita på ungarna!
    Kan du inte åka på konferens till Syracuse, NY istället? ;) Kram! Lena B

    ReplyDelete