Monday 6 January 2014

2013 check up - my year of running!

January: 50,1 km
February: 42,3 km
March: 39,7 km
April: 38,5 km
May: 61,0 km
June: 103,9 km
July: 165,6 km
August: 84,5 km
September: 106,1 km
October: 118,5 km
November: 197,2 km
December: 167,1 km

Total running during 2013: 1174,4 km

I'm amazed. It was a though start with the move and disease but then spring came and along came the running and now I'm hooked. I've been sick for little over a week now and it's so hard not to be able to run, I can honestly say that I'm totally addicted.

So how did it go with my goals of 2013?

  • I managed to run 10K under 50 min, first during "Midnattsloppet" in August and then I pushed my personal best a bit further during "Hässelbyloppet" where I managed to run in on 46:15.
  • I managed to run over 1000K something that felt almost hopeless before this summer, ending at 1174,4 km feels great.
  • I ran 4 races this year, one 5K race, two 10K races and one halfmarathon that was my goal.
  • Yes, I managed to combine my running with a bit of strength training, maybe not enough but much better than nothing, mostly core training since that's what a runner and a mother needs the most. I'm also proud I managed to cycle to and from work from April-November, a total of 2739,4 km, this made me stronger, more fit, healthier and saved me a lot of money.

Three pair of shoes and four medals later...

I'm thinking about my upcoming year and what my goals should be. In my mind I bare with me my amazing year of 2013 when I achieved goals that I couldn't believe. I ran in rain, in sunshine, in storm. I ran early mornings, late evenings, I ran far and short, fast and slow. The most important thing is that I ran. No matter what I just kept on running sometimes feeling very heavy and sometimes feeling light as a feather.
I'm keeping this picture close to my heart when the winter darkness and life itself feels heavy:



Having had very few infections during 2013 I honestly believe that my motto is true: a fit mother is a healthy mother. And one thing is clear, I'm going to keep on running during 2014.





No comments:

Post a Comment