Sunday 6 October 2013

The four-year old.

Having a four-year-old in the family is interesting, fun and challenging. She wants to know everything from tiny details to big, universal questions. She's capable of so much but when she sets her mind to it so little, for example it could easily take her an hour to put her outdoors clothes on, just because she decides not to and in the end H and me are putting her clothes on even though she's very capable. Stubborn as no one else she can drive us insane one moment and the next make the whole family laugh. Lovisa questions everything and leaves nothing unexplored.

Where does stoves comes from?

What's inside the body?

Does ducks have a butt?

How did you and dad meet? Followed by Are you in love?

Where does paper come from? When I answered trees she gave me a skeptic look and said Trees?!? Like the one in our garden?

Does monkeys eat food?

She has big debates about everything from what we should eat for supper, what you can and can not do, what she likes, what's cool and what she thinks of our neighbors, friends and relatives. She talks nonstop and it's almost impossible for H and me to have a conversation. One moment she seems so grown up in her way of thinking and in the next so immature... For example yesterday evening I was putting the girls to bed and usually I sit on a chair in their room until they fall asleep. After a while Lovisa looks up from her bed and asks Why do you just sit there mum? I explained that I was waiting for her to fall asleep like I always do, hence Lovisa said It's OK mum, you can leave, I'll fall asleep on my own. Chock! Suddenly she seemed so grown up... I said goodnight, left the room and after 10 minutes she came sneaking down the stairs wanting me back... Not so grown up after all...


The last quote from Lovisa before she fell asleep just a few minutes ago was If you dream about marshmallows you can't really eat them... 

Sleep tight my little heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment