Sunday 16 June 2013

A weekend with my previous life.

When I was 16 years old I joined a local theater group in my hometown. I was active in that group for 13 years and you might say I grew up with the people there and it was like my second family. We rehearsed, talked, laughed, cried, played our shows, ate, drank, travelled and grew together. When I look back on this period now it feels far, far away, like something that happened in a previous life. A few months ago I got a invitation to a reunion weekend up north and I felt right away that I really wanted to go. So I went and when I saw all my old friends it felt like time stood still, even if the years gone by and many off us drifted apart, and that we somehow were the same old gang, just a bit more grey and wrinkled... We laughed, ate, drank, talked and had a marvelous time. And the air up north is so fresh my lungs screamed of joy every time I inhaled. Now I'm on a bus heading towards Stockholm, very tired but happy. I'll always look back on my time with the theater with warmth and thankfulness, I hope my girls get to experience something similar...


No comments:

Post a Comment