Thursday 15 May 2014

The most amazing thing...

When I read through my blog I realize that one of the biggest topics is sleep. Or rather the lack of it. During the girls first year it's the wake-ups the whole night through that made me more or less insane, the never ending breastfeeding 4 am in the morning... Then it was the early mornings, my girls insisted for the longest time to wake up around 5 am even if mum and dad was up til midnight the evening before... Well, when they finally realized that they actually can sleep til 7 am (well, not every morning but a fair deal of mornings anyway) then we were left with the struggling to get them to sleep in their own beds through the night... I don't know how many times I tried to explain to them that we all sleep better if they sleep in their beds, to sleep 4 people in one bed is nothing I recommend if it is deep sleep you want to achieve...

Anyway sometimes just after Christmas Lovisa started to sleep the whole night in her own bed. The first month I thought that it's probably just temporary, the second month I was in a state of doubt, could this really be permanent? And now, after 4 months I just have to share with you all that it actually happened, she sleeps every night in her bed! She even wakes up sometimes, goes to the toilet or drinks water and voluntarily goes back to her own bed and falls asleep! I'm amazed. Now we only have one little rascal coming crawling in to our bed at night. And when I ask Andréa why she comes every night to sleep with us she answers without hesitation "Because it's so cozy". And even if she takes my cover and kicks me in my belly I have to agree, it is one of the most beautiful things, to snuggle up with your child... I'm happy Lovisa still comes in the morning to cuddle and talk, that's a habit I hope she keeps up for a long, long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment