Sunday 4 May 2014

Happy birthday to me!


I just turned 36 years old. And I feel so privileged. I have a wonderful family, the best of friends, a good job, I'm in the middle of life and most of the time I'm enjoying it. So yes I think it's worth to celebrate! We started one day early by visiting good friends and had homemade "smörgåstårta" - does it get any better?

On Saturday I had some family over for lunch and H fixed another cake, this time chocolate, also one of my favorite...



I also had a bunch of birthdaycards, two of them all the way from Canada and very nice gifts. After cake and coffee H asked me to dress up and off we went on a adventure that I didn't know anything about... We ended up in the old city in the heart of Stockholm where we had a lovely supper at a little Italian resto.



I was honestly a bit worried when we first walked in and H started to talk about starters that the girls would start climbing the walls after 20 minutes but it was such a perfect evening and they behaved like real restaurants professionals!



H and me ate our startes while the girls had their main course and when we ate our main course they had desert... I ate a lovely char decorated with the biggest asparagus I ever seen... Lovisa explained very nicely that she knew that veggie; "Mum I know the name of that thick green line, it's asparagus"...



My beautiful girl...



As a special treat to me and to the girls enormous delight we ended our restaurant visit with our very own musician singing Happy birthday in Italian...



We left the resto very satisfied and H and me in a little state of shock, it's totally possible to bring the girls to a fancy restaurant for a couple of hours, they didn't break a thing! When we got home I got another gift, a beautiful necklace from H and I love it!



Today we're so pooped from all the partying and I feel very grateful, tired and spoiled. So thanks to everyone that made my day special!



4 comments:

  1. Vilken härlig födelsedagshelg! Ett stort grattis!
    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja det var den verkligen! Tack!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GRATTIS!!! ( i efterskott) Vad kul att det gick bra att ta med barnen. Barn är ju av naturen nyfikna och äta pâ restaurang är ju jättespännande för dom; man är uppklädd, det är en förväntan i luften, läsa igenom en meny och fâ välja själv (!) och äta efterrätt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tack Anna! Ja, de var verkligen förväntansfulla och tyckte det var något speciellt. Kul när allt "funkar" :)

    ReplyDelete