Wednesday 12 February 2014

My stubborn little adult.

Oh my, Lovisa is really testing my limits right now. She started to fuzz, or "fuzz" is a very nice word for what she's doing, when it comes to listen to her mamma. Well, her papa to but it's mostly me she's challenging by ignoring what I say or do the opposite of what I suggest. She's also very sensitive, the smallest thing that does not go her way grows totally out of proportion and she can start crying hysterically over the most trivial things. The typical situation is when I pick up the girls from daycare. At first she's really happy to see me and then when we're suppose to start getting ready to leave she goes manic. Running around, hiding, getting little drawings that she made during the day, wanting this and that and always refusing to get dressed. It normally ends with a very angry and frustrated mother (me) and a very sad and hysteric girl (Lovisa). Then it doesn't help that Andréa wants to do everything that Lovisa does so she tries her best to refuse me and be a little troublemaker, on top of her sisters behavior. I've been thinking a lot about how I react to these situations and I'm not proud over myself. It's late afternoon and we're all tired from a long day, it's dark and we're hungry, the worst combination for dealing with a stubborn 4-year-old. It's also embarrassing that it always happens at the daycare, in front of other parents and teachers. The teachers are trying to be helpful, pepping Lovisa to get dressed and encouraging her to listen to me. I try to talk to her when we're both calm, explaining that she has to listen to me and stop screaming and refusing to do whatever I suggest... It's funny how she can turn from being a small immature stubborn girl to a little adult. The other night when I was tucking her in for the night I had a serious talk with her. I explained that her behavior makes it hard for everyone, we all suffer from it and it would be much easier if she cooperated and listened to me. Then she looked at me with her big blue eyes and answered "You know mum, I'm just a little child and I can't listen to everything you say all the time". And that's something that I tend to forget. She's only a little girl and she doesn't think and react like an adult. Even though she seems to be just as clever as one from time to time...

 Andréa trying her best to behave like an adult... Like reading while doing number 2...

Lovisa - a revolting 4-year-old...

Like so many times before I think to myself "This to shall pass"...

1 comment: