Wednesday 4 September 2013

August sum-up and thoughts about Sthlm halfmarathon...

Hmm... A runners-knee and a cold later, here's the past month's running/excercise (and the whole year!):

January: 50,1 km
February: 42,3 km
March: 39,7 km
April: 38,5 km
May: 61,0 km
June: 103,9 km
July: 165,6 km
August: 84,5 km Cycling: 504,2 km Strength training: 6 times

Total during 2013: 592,8 km

I'm pissed off at my knee. I mean, I was in great shape and then it hit me, right before my 10K race and about one month before Stockholm halfmarathon. The positive thing about it is that I really started to do my strength training more regularly and I do stretching, with focus on my legs, almost every day. I've been cycling to work every day and I've been running ridiculously short routs (1-2 km) before my strength training as warm-up. I ran 5 km yesterday and my knee felt fine, no pain! So this weekend I'm planning to run a longer route and if that works I'm going to give Stockholm halfmarathon a go. I may still have a chance to reach one more goal of 2013...

At least August gave me one of my goals - 10 K sub 50 min despite a hurting knee...



No comments:

Post a Comment