Sunday 29 July 2012

Feeling stupid...

I was watching the Olympic opening ceremony the other evening and I have to say I really like the Olympics. So much talent and will gathered and so many countries united for this peaceful event. But I can't help feeling rather stupid seeing all the countries marching in, where does all these countries come from? Who invented them and how could I have missed them all (considering that geography actually was one of my best subjects in school)? Is it just me or did you ever hear of: Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Palau... Weird...

2 comments:

  1. Tuvalu - Brittiska Ellice Islands
    Vanuatu - Brittiska Nya Hebriderna
    Saint Kitts and Nevis - bland de första öarna som europerna bosatte sig på när de höll på och upptäcka "vägen till Indien"
    Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - del av karibien
    Palau - Micronesien

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imponerande kunskaper! Det är tydligen någon som kan sin geografi... Jag blir dock lite förvirrad för visst fanns både Palau och Micronesien med som separata länder vid inmarshen?

    ReplyDelete