Wednesday 13 July 2011

One week later...

And little Lovisa is finally getting better. We saw Dr L yesterday and she said after about 1 minute that we have to take a urine test (YES WE DO!!!). We went home with a big jar, having a deadline to return it to Dr L before 3 pm when she was leaving the clinic for the day. It was close to 1 pm when we returned to the house. Lovisa was tired and feverish and in no mood to pee in the potty. I could feel the panic spread. Me: "you have to pee in the potty!" Lovisa: "no, no, no!" Me: "I'll give you an ice cream if you pee in the potty" Lovisa thinking about it and then "no, no, no!". Then she starts screaming. Not crying. SCREAMING. Well, after a struggle in the the bathroom, living room and hall we ended up in her bedroom sitting on the floor reading her favorite books. She finally agreed to sit on the potty and read and after about 15 minutes she said "pee, pee!" and peed a big pile! Leaving the babies with their big sister, that fortunately was home, I cycled (for the first time in a year and my god I need to start exercising!) as fast as I could back to the clinic with the urine sample. And it was so positive! Traces of blood and all kinds of ugly bacteria's. Poor little Lovisa! So now she's on penicillin and she's already much better. Thank god for drugs! But now this family doesn't need anymore for awhile I hope... Our shelf where we keep the medication we use on a daily basis is overflowing.... There's D-vitamins, stomachdrops, saline and Ranitidine for Andréa, there's Tylenol, penicillin and saline for Lovisa, there's post partum vitamins for me (that I never remember to take, but it's standing there giving me bad conscience) and there's painkillers and antihistamins for H. Enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment