Monday 31 March 2014

Premiärmilen, new PB and March check-up!

What an amazing ending of March we had this past weekend! Beautiful, warm sun and on top of that my mother was here visiting and I ran this seasons first 10K race... Sunday's race was nerve wracking because lately I've been feeling tired and my legs heavy. I've had a hard time keeping up the speed during my fast runs. So considering that my goal was to beat my personal best, 46:15 from last years Hässelbyloppet, but I wasn't sure that I would be able to at all...

I started the day with oatmeal and tried my best to get ready in time. I took the metro alone since H had to take the girls to a birthdayparty and my mother to the metro to go home, and I was at Norra Djurgården about an hour before the start. The weather was amazing but I was a bit cold and warmed up more than I usually do, I ran slowly for about 15 minutes and stretched... I even got stuck on a picture warming up only minutes before the start:


It's me wearing the orange top and the blue/mixed colored pants between the guy in blue and the guy in yellow... The start went off and off I ran! The first kilometer felt pretty good, a bit crowded but nothing compared to some other races... I think I started a bit to fast, after 2-3 kilometers I was already pretty exhausted and started to worry about if this would be doable... Maybe this would be the first race I have to disrupt? Fortunately I'm very stubborn and I continued, a bit slower though, and stumbled in the goal on 45:18! My new personal best!!! The chocolate bar and the hot coffee tasted wonderful and the sun and all the runners just made me so happy. This is why I run! This beautiful feeling of achieving something that I never would think was possible a few years back...

So how about the rest of March? Well here's the sum-up:

January: 104,0 km
February: 139,2 km
March: 204,2 km
Total 2014: 447,4km

Actually I never believe I ran this much during one month so that's another thing to be proud over. To celebrate I just bought a new bike and cycled from the store and home today, 15 kilometers. It's spring for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment